Parents, staff and students:
Please know that during this school closure for Coronavirus, I am still available as a resource for you! Even though we are all home and not at school, I am committed to being your school nurse and would be happy to assisst in anyway possible as long as all laws and social distancing guidelines continue to be followed.
I am checking school email (firstname.lastname@example.org) multiple times daily and can be reached via google voice at (346) 291-3048 currently. Please leave a voicemail and I will do my best to call back by the end of the same day.
Also please look to the right of this page for useful links and reliable resources on coronavirus from our Health Services Department.
I miss all of you and hope you are staying safe, trying to enjoy this extra time with loved ones and taking care of yourself. (See Mrs. Johnson's website for some helpful tips)
CLINIC HOURS: 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- First aid
- Assessment of illness
- Monitoring ill students until they are well enough to return to class, or are released to their parent of guardian
- Administration of medication medically necessary during the school day
- Creation and implementation of a plan of care for students with chronic illnesses
- Screening for problems in vision, hearing, posture, and other health problems relevant to the school population
- Evaluation of immunization status to ensure compliance with Texas law on immunizations
- Consultation and guidance in areas of medical concern by the student, parent, and/or teacher
- Referral and follow-up of students in whom health problems have been identified
- Prevention and control of communicable disease
MISSION OF HUMBLE ISD HEALTH SERVICES
The mission of Humble ISD Health Services is to enhance the health and well being of the students, staff, and community thus supporting the education of all students through maximizing their educational time.
VISION OF HUMBLE ISD HEALTH SERVICES
We see our professional school nurses as:
- Supporting the individual and collective health needs of students, staff and community
- Acknowledging the diversity of cultures within the district
- Valuing the unique ideologies of students and families
- Educating the student, staff, and community by promoting health and wellness
- Maintaining a superior level of professional competency as demonstrated by compliance with the Standards of Practice and Performance of School Nursing Practice
- First aid