How did I get on probation?
- Academic Probation: GPA dropped below 4.0
- You did not
- pay dues on time and did not pay them by the probation deadline
- complete required service hours (service probation)
- earn the 4 extra points required for missing a mandatory service event
- obtain a leadership point (leadership probation)
- have service hours from three different areas
How do I get back in good standing?
- Turn in probation notification form by approriate date (Fall August 30 | Spring January 31)
- Turn in the required amount of points stated in the letter from NHS (Fall October 4 | Spring March 6)
- If you are on academic probation, reaquire a GPA of 4.0 by the next GPA check.
- If you are on service probation, turn in the necessary points to reach 15 plus penalty hours.
- Missing 01-05 hours: 1 penalty hour
- Missing 06-10 hours: 2 penalty hours
- Missing 11-15 hours: 3 penalty hours
- If you are on leadership probation, turn in a leadership point form with an email from the Leadership VP confiming approval.
What happens next?
- Once you turn in probation points, you will no longer be on probation.
- If you fail to turn in probation points by the deadline, you will be removed from NHS.
- If you are placed on probation twice, you will be removed from NHS.
- Juniors cannot rejoin NHS.
- Seniors will not recieve collars for graduation.