KHS PARKING REGULATIONS AND PROCEDURES
Parking is selected by lottery and applications are drawn in the following order:
1) Seniors sharing with Seniors.
2) Seniors sharing with Juniors.
3) Juniors sharing with Juniors.
4) Senior Singles
5) New Students to Kingwood High School (For August lottery only - after the August lottery, new students will be drawn by grade level).
6) Junior Singles.
Students will need to remain in good standing in order to keep parking privileges. Discipline infractions, excessive tardies and/or excessive absences can affect your parking permit status. Each incident will be evaluated on an individual basis. A student may lose his/her parking privileges for a period of time or the remainder of the semester. Incidences include but are not limited to the following:
a) Assignment to the Discipline Program.
b) Truancyc) Parking violation of campus parking and/or driving regulations, to include leaving campus without proper authorization.
d) A violation related to alcohol/drugs, including being charged with DWI/DUI.
e) Reckless driving on school property.
f) Failure to acknowledge directives of school personnel.
g) Students using their parking privilege to allow sophomores or other unauthorized students to park.
h) Allowing other students to borrow your space or tag.
i) Students are not permitted in the parking lot without a pass.
j) ***Failure to report an accident/collision to school administration at the time the accident occurs may result in forfeiture of parking permit for the remainder of the school year.
i) Towing/Booting- Even authorized student vehicles are subject to towing/booting and/or citations when they are parked in unauthorized areas including, but not limited to:
a) faculty/staff parking
b) the circle driveway
c) bus loading and unloading areas
d) any student in a parking space assigned to another student
e) the band practice area after 3:00pm
f) fire zonesg) visitor parkingViolations will lead to:First offense = Extended D-Hall (Saturday class)
Second offense = Extended D-Hall, two-week suspension of parking privilege
Third offense = Extended D-Hall, further suspension of parking privilege, to include consideration of revocation of parking permit
- Junior and Senior students not authorized to park on campus may have their vehicle booted and/or towed and could forfeit their opportunity to obtain a parking permit for the remainder of the year. SOPHOMORES MAY NOT PARK ON CAMPUS. ANY SOPHOMORE PARKING ON CAMPUS MAY FORFEIT THEIR OPPORTUNITY TO OBTAIN A PARKING PERMIT THE FOLLOWING SCHOOL YEAR.
- Assigned parking spaces that remain vacant for extended periods of time are subject to being reclaimed and reassigned.
- You must clearly display your hanging tag at all times while on campus. Any vehicle parked without a hanging tag will be issued a parking violation and is subject to booting and/or loss of parking privileges for repeated offenses.
Parking Tag Fee for 2020 - 2021 is $50.00(All fees must be paid before tag pick-up)
- Kingwood High School and Humble ISD are not responsible for damages incurred while cars are parked on campus. Damage to vehicles should be reported to the campus police officer as promptly as possible.
- If you are issued a parking permit there may be times when an unauthorized vehicle is parked in your spot. If this occurs please report this to office 2400 and you will be directed to a space on campus in which you may park.
Lost Tag Fee $5.00