Where are you from?
Right here in Kingwood! I grew up here and attended Deerwood Elementary, Riverwood Middle and Kingwood High (Class of 2001).
Did you always want to be a teacher?
YES! I used to go to school all day and then play school when I came home. I saved old papers and pretended to grade them for fun!
I have always known I would become a teacher and never considered doing anything else! I consider this a calling and not a job. It is privilege and responsibilty to teach your children each day!
What were your favorite subjects in school?
Reading, writing and spelling, of course!
Where did you go to college?
Texas A&M University - College Station, Bachelors of Science in Interdisciplinary Studies (Early Childhood - 4th Grade)
University of St. Thomas - Houston, Masters of Education in Curriculum and Instruction
How long have you been teaching?
Where else have you taught?
4 years in Humble, 8 years in Houston and 2 years at an international school in Budapest, Hungary!
This is my 2nd year at Greentree Elementary! Here is our amazing 4th grade team!
Wait, you taught overseas?
Yes, I taught in Budapest, Hungary from 2016 to 2018! It was wonderful to teach in an international environment, travel through Europe and learn more about the big, beautiful world around us!
What is your philosophy of education?
- My classroom is a happy, interesting community of learners! I believe each child has unique gifts, talents and abilities. My responsibility is to educate each child in a way that keeps them engaged, excited about learning and always showing their personal best.
- My hope is that children will not only grow academically in my classroom, but also in their character and social development. I believe we learn best as part of a supportive, caring community.
- It is important that parents and teachers communicate effectively and work together in the best interest of each child. I am here for you and your family!
- I believe becoming a proficient reader and writer in elementary school lays the foundation for a lifetime of learning, growth and success. I want my students using the keys of literacy to unlock the doors to their future!
- I believe it is a high calling to serve as a teacher and have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children. Thank you for entrusting them to me! I look forward to getting to know your child as an individual and doing my best to meet their needs.
Tell us about your family!
I am the youngest of 3 children. Many of my family members live right here in Kingwood. I have other family members across Texas, in Montana and also in Missouri. I am " Aunt Laura" to 5 wonderful nieces and 1 precious nephew!
What are some things you love?
The color pink, drinking hot tea, reading books, talking about books, listening to podcasts, holidays, swimming, basketball, pasta and pizza, ballet, baking cookies, Texas A&M, the beach, going for walks, learning about other places and cultures, playing the piano, ice cream, tulips, going to the movies, doing jigsaw puzzles, traveling to new places and making memories with family and friends!