To ensure the safety of our students and staff, please check in at the security vestibule in the front foyer by presenting your driver’s license each time you visit our school and by wearing your visitor’s badge on your shirt for identification. Prior to leaving, return your badge to the front foyer for check out.
Please never ask a student to open a door for you, even if they know you. We encourage our students to recognize that only an adult should ever open an outside door to the building.
The safety of our students is a top priority!
Stranger Danger Guidelines:
Please review the following guidelines in order to work towards the safety of all students:
- Walk or ride your bike to and from school in groups.
- Never talk to strangers or accept rides from them under any circumstance.
- Never get into a car, enter a home, look for a lost pet, or accept candy or toys from a stranger.
- If anything unusual occurs, tell an adult immediately. Parents and teachers need to know right away what happened.
- Don’t panic. If you are afraid or have a problem, call or find a parent or a trusted adult.
- Arrange for immediate access to neighbors and other trusted adults who could answer questions or be contacted in an emergency.
- Never tell people at the door or phone callers that you are home alone. Say your parents are busy and offer to take a message.
- Keep your house key hidden. Don’t give it to anyone and don’t keep it in a visible place that would tell people you are going home to an empty house.
- Tell a trusted adult – parent, teacher or counselor – if anyone ever makes you feel uncomfortable.
If a student ever hears about something they perceive as dangerous we always encourage them to let a teacher, counselor, principal or staff member of PFE know as soon as possible. Occasionally, students may want to make that tip anonymous. In that case, we have an iHelp basket at the front of the school where students can submit a written letter of what they have heard. The administration will check the basket daily for any submissions.
If you see something, say something.