Critical Illness - MetLife
If you experience an event such as a heart attack or stroke, Critical Illness Insurance can help. It pays a lump sum amount to help with expenses that may not be covered by major medical insurance - house payments, lost income, and more.
- Lump sum amounts of $10,000, $20,000, or $30,000, offered guaranteed issue for employees and their spouse. Children are eligible for 25% of the employee benefit amount.
- Pre-exisitng conditions will not be covered for six months, except for heart attack or stroke
- Recurrence benefit will apply to certain illnesses
Rates vary according to benefit elections. Visit Metlife or call1-800-438-6388 for more information.
Covered Illnesses include:
- Heart attack
- Major organ transplant
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Kidney failure
- Coronary Artery Bypass Graft
- 22 other conditions -Partial Benefits