HARTA Educator Scholarship
HARTA Educator ScholarshipHumble Area Retired Teachers Association is offering scholarships to Humble ISD educators. The purpose of the HARTA Educator Scholarship Program is to provide opportunities for educators to improve their skills and build their knowledge that will,in turn, increase their effectiveness.
The application for the 2019-2020 school year is now closed.
Texas Retired Teachers Foundation (TRTF)
Texas Retired Teachers Foundation is offering two educator scholarships to Humble ISD educators. The Beginning Teacher Scholarship and the Classroom Assistance grant provide support for full-time teachers.
Beginning Teacher Scholarship
The Beginning Teacher Scholarship is intended to reimburse an applicant for certification tests and test results and to provide money to help the applicant purchase materials for the classroom for his or her first year of teaching. The Texas Retired Teachers Foundation (TRTF) will award 25 $750 scholarships for the 2021-2022 school year to candidates who are referred by an active member of the Texas Retired Teachers Association (TRTA), who have earned or are earning an undergraduate or master’s degree in education at a Texas university or college, and have pursued or are pursuing their teaching certification exam.
Scholarship Applicant Eligibility:
An applicant must:
- have taken or be scheduled to take a Texas teacher certification exam(s) in 2021 in preparation to begin teaching in the fall of 2021 or spring of 2022.
- be referred by an active member of the Texas Retired Teachers Association (TRTA).
- have earned an undergraduate or master’s degree and a teacher’s certification or alternative certification by August 31, 2021.
- submit his or her application and college transcripts by 5:00 p.m. on February 25, 2021.
How to Apply for a TRTF Beginning Teacher Scholarship:
- Download this application.
- Complete and submit the application by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or U.S. Mail.
- The application and required documents must be received no later than 5:00 pm on February 25, 2021.
Classroom Assistance Grant
Today’s classroom teachers use a variety of tools to educate children, but due to lack of sufficient funding, many find new technology items out of reach. TRTF’s Classroom Assistance Grant program helps teachers improve the learning environment for students by giving $500 towards projects, learning platforms, software, and much more.
TRTF will provide 40 $500 grants to public school teachers in Texas in 2021. (This is an increase from the 30 grants that were awarded in 2020.) Since 2008, TRTF has awarded more than $108,000 in grants to 216 recipients. Your donations help students develop real-world skills, and provides them with a caring, creative community to explore their future!
Classroom Assistance Grant Eligibility:
- Applicants must be public school teachers for the 2021-2022 school year who pay into the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS).
- 2. All applications must include a handwritten signature of the school principal expressing approval of the project.
How to Apply for a Grant: