HARTA Educator Scholarship
The Humble ISD Education Foundation has partnered with the Humble Area Retired Teachers Association to offer educator scholarships to Humble ISD educators. The purpose of this Educator Scholarship Program is to provide opportunities for educators to improve their skills and build their knowledge, which will, in turn, increase their effectiveness.
To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must be employed by Humble ISD for at least three (3) years and must meet one of the criteria below to qualify for this scholarship:
- Work in a classroom as a teacher or a paraeducator; or
- Work as a counselor, librarian, academic lead teacher, administrator, or other school staff who have direct contact with students in an educational setting; or
- Work in a district department that provides direct educational support to classroom teachers.
Scholarships will be awarded up to $500 per applicant, sent directly to the institution or professional development provider, and will support the following:
- Tuition for pursuing an advanced degree that will further your career in education;
- Alternative teaching certificate for paraeducators; or
- Professional development workshops, institutes, or conferences ( scholarships will only cover registration expenses)
If awarded, awardees will be required to submit a report upon completion of coursework or attendance to a professional development event detailing the impact the scholarship funded education experience had on preparing them to be effective educators.
This application is now closed. Scholarship recipients will be notified of award by Friday, December 2, 2022.
If you have any questions about this scholarship opportunity, please contact Melinna Lopez at Melinna.Lopez@humbleisd.net.