HARTA Educator ScholarshipHumble Area Retired Teachers Association is offering educator scholarships to Humble ISD educators. The purpose of the HARTA Educator Scholarship Program is to provide opportunities for educators to improve their skills and build their knowledge that will, in turn, increase their effectiveness.
Eligibility: Applicants must be employed by Humble ISD for at least three (3) years and must meet one of the criteria below to qualify for this scholarship:
Scholarships will be awarded up to $500 per applicant, sent directly to the institution or professional development provider, and will support the following:
- Work in a classroom as a teacher or a para-educator; or
- Work as a counselor, librarian, academic lead teacher, administrator, or other school staff who has direct contact with students in an educational setting; or
- Work in a district department that provides direct educational support to classroom teachers.
- Tuition for pursuing an advanced degree that will further your career in education
- Alternative teaching certification for para-educators
- Professional development workshops, institutes, or conferences (scholarship will only cover registration expenses)
If you have any questions about this scholarship opportunity, please contact Susan Burroughs at email@example.comThe deadline to submit an application for this scholarship is Monday, December 2, 2019.
Scholarship recipients will be notified by Friday, December 13th.