HARTA Educator Scholarship
HARTA Educator ScholarshipHumble Area Retired Teachers Association is offering scholarships to Humble ISD educators. The purpose of the HARTA Educator Scholarship Program is to provide opportunities for educators to improve their skills and build their knowledge that will,in turn, increase their effectiveness.
The application for the 2019-2020 school year is now closed.
Texas Retired Teachers Foundation (TRTF)
Texas Retired Teachers Foundation is offering two educator scholarships to Humble ISD educators. The Beginning Teacher Scholarship and the Classroom Assistance grant provide support for full-time teachers.
Beginning Teacher Scholarship
The Beginning Teacher Scholarship is intended to reimburse an applicant for certification tests and test results and to provide money to help the applicant purchase materials for the classroom for his or her first year of teaching. The Texas Retired Teachers Foundation (TRTF) will award 20 $750 scholarships for the 2020-2021 school year to candidates who are relatives of an active member of the Texas Retired Teachers Association (TRTA), have earned or are earning an undergraduate or master’s degree at a Texas university or college, and have taken or are planning to take their teaching certification exam or pursuing alternative certification.
Scholarship Applicant Eligibility:
An applicant must:
- have taken or be scheduled to take a Texas teacher certification exam(s) in 2019 in preparation to begin teaching in the fall of 2020 or spring of 2021.
- be a relative of an active member of the Texas Retired Teachers Association (TRTA).
- have earned an undergraduate or master’s degree and a teacher’s certification or alternative certification by August 31, 2020.
- submit his or her application and legible college transcripts by 5:00 p.m. on February 27, 2020.
How to Apply for a TRTF Beginning Teacher Scholarship:
- Download this application.
- Complete and submit the application by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or U.S. Mail.
- The application and required documents must be received no later than 5:00 pm on February 27, 2020.
Classroom Assistance Grant
Classroom Assistance Grants are awarded to Texas public school teachers who, on a daily basis, demonstrate a commitment to public education and Texas children through the creation of programs, events or other learning platforms. The Texas Retired Teachers Foundation (TRTF) will award 30 $500 grants to 30 public school teachers in Texas for the 2020-2021 school year.
Classroom Assistance Grant Eligibility:
- Applicants must be public school teachers for the 2020-2021 school year who pay into the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS).
- All applications must include a handwritten signature of the school principal expressing approval of the project.
How to Apply for a Grant: