· Homework is a review and practice of prior learning.
· Students should be able to do homework independently of parents.
· Homework should be ten minutes per grade level.
· We do not take away recess as a punishment for not doing homework.
· Homework is not used for grades (since it is a practice).
· Always contact your child's teacher if you have any questions or concerns.
The Purposes of Homework:
· builds positive work habits.
· allows for practice of critical academic skills.
· reinforces strategies and learning from the classroom.
· builds student confidence.
· can help students see where they have misunderstandingscan help teachers see where students have misunderstandings