Humble ISD Science-Engineering FairsWelcome to the home page for Humble ISD’s District Science-Engineering Fairs. The District Fairs are open to all students that live within the boundaries of Humble ISD. This includes students in the public schools, private schools, and those students that are home-schooled.The Dates for the District Fairs in 2016-2017 are:
Our goal is to provide an opportunity for students to enjoy more exposure to science. We do this in a way that:
- Secondary Schools: Saturday, January 21, 2017
- Elementary Schools: Saturday, April 8, 2017
We have a new feature to help students put together a GREAT Project.
- Provides hands-on exposure to science
- Presents science as fun
- Reinforces the scientific process students are learning in class
- Provides opportunities for those students who are science enthusiasts
- Recognizes those students who excel in science
- Prepares students for participating in the Science-Engineering Fair of Houston (7th grade and up)
- Teaches students to work through problems methodically and to follow a process.
Doing a Science Fair Project
InformationParents, teachers, and siblings are not permitted in the room during the judging process. Students should bring a book, a quiet game, or something else to do while waiting during the judging process. They may bring snacks and a bottle of something to drink with a screw-top lid.
Setup for the District Fairs is done on Friday night before the Fair. The Fair is an all day event on Saturday. Look at the individual Fair Schedules for more information. These will show you the locations, dates, and times for the various deadlines.
Please review the information related to the Judging Process and the Awards.
- Students must have a means to reach a parent if there is no parent waiting outside the judging area.
- The completed judging sheets will not be available for review by the students, parents, or teachers. The scores will not be used for grades.
- If you are interested in helping as a judge at one of the elementary schools as part of the Judging Exchange, we need your help. 30 judges are required to fully support an elementary Fair. You may also be able to help at one of the district fairs. If you are interested, please complete the Judging Application form.
- Teams of two students are allowed . Larger teams are not allowed.