Kingwood High School Dual Credit
in partnership with
Lone Star College-Kingwood
The Dual Credit program is part of the Lone Star College System’s exceptional admissions program. It is especially designed for junior and senior secondary education students. Those who qualify can earn high school and college credit. Both high school and college credit are awarded upon successful completion of the course.
Before taking dual credit courses, please check with the university of choice to confirm if a dual credit course you are planning to take will transfer.
All Dual Credit courses are dependent upon enrollment and teacher availability.
Requirements for Dual Credit
To enroll students must meet the following requirements:
- Currently attending high school and is classified as a junior or senior.
- Have approval from parent/guardian and a high school counselor
- Eligible students must have a signed “Exceptional Admission Application” on file with the high school and college.
- The student has taken an approved test assessment: TSI, STAAR, ACT, PSAT/NMSQT or SAT in
areas of reading, writing, essay, and math; or exempt scores based on
***See Lone Star College Website for further test assessment details***
- Additional testing may be required for Math, Science, and higher level courses