The Professional Learning Department facilitates and supports differentiated, blended professional development which is results-oriented, on-going, job-embedded, data-driven and designed to advance students learning.
In Humble ISD we believe that professional development:
- Improves student outcomes and must be driven by data on student achievement;
- Is research-based, job-embedded and on-going;
- Builds a shared vision that supports collaboration and collegiality;
- Builds capacity for all employees;
- Include resources to support ongoing work;
- Is meaningful and relevant to the learner;
- Should be offered by various modes of delivery (face-to-face, blended, on-line)
- Must be grounded in inquiry, reflection, action and evaluation; and
- Must be aligned and evaluated against district mission and goals.
Director, Contemporary Instruction Design & Professional Design
Dr. Laketha Cooper