Welcome to the
Hidden Hollow Clinic
Clinic Hours: 7:45am-3:45pm
The mission of Humble ISD Health Services is to enhance the health and well being of the students, staff, and community thus supporting the education of all students through maximizing their educational time.
We see our professional school nurses as:
My goal is to provide the best possible care for your children. In order to do this, I am asking for your help in maintaining a healthy environment for your children as well as the other children in our school. In an effort to avoid students in the clinic feeling ill first thing in the morning, please use the following guidelines when determining whether or not to send your child to school. Your child is missing valuable class time by being in the clinic if he or she is ill. If you have any questions about whether or not to send your child to school, please call the clinic.
- Supporting the individual and collective health needs of students, staff, and community
- Acknowledging the diversity of cultures within the district
- Valuing the unique ideologies of students and families
- Educating the student, staff, and community by promoting health and wellness
- Maintaining a superior level of professional competency as demonstrated by compliance with the Standards of Practice and Performance of School Nursing Practice
Children should be kept home from school for the following reasons:
- has had a temperature of 100 degrees or more in the last 24 hours
- has any vomiting the night before, or the morning of school
- has had diarrhea three times the night before, or the day of school
- a persistent, hacking cough, especially with fever
- a continually runny nose with white, green, or yellow mucus
- eyes that appear red and weeping
- a rash of unknown cause anywhere on the body
Please call 281-641-2419 as soon as possible to report your child's absence. When your child returns to school, please send a note to excuse your child. If your child has an appointment with a health care professional, always get a note from them.
When calling the absence line, please let us know if your child has a fever of 100°F or more, or flu like symptoms. Please let the nurse know if you have had a confirmed culture for flu.
Parents, if your children have any chronic illnesses or life threatening allergies (food or insect stings), please contact me as soon as possible. I will need to speak to you, assess your child and provide special forms that your child's health care provider will need to complete. Please remember it is important to communicate with your child's teacher as well.
If your children need medication at school, please contact me regarding documentation and storage. ALL MEDICATIONS MUST BE BROUGHT TO THE CLINIC BY THE PARENT OR AN ADULT. FOR THE SAFETY OF ALL THE STUDENTS. NO CHILD IS ALLOWED TO BRING MEDICATION TO OR FROM SCHOOL.
LICE is a nuisance, but please try not to panic! I do NOT do routine lice screening. Teachers observing persistent scratching will send students to be checked. Any student with live lice will be sent home for treatment.