FINAL EXAMS / EXAM EXEMPTIONS
For the Fall 2022 semester, final exams will
count for 10% of the semester average in all courses.
The final exam schedule will be released each semester. Exams will not be given early.
Students must submit a completed exemption form in order to exempt. Exemption forms will be available during final exam weeks before school, during lunch, and after school only. Students must pick up an exemption form from their House Office, obtain required signatures, and return their form to the House Office no later than 3:00 pm on the day before exams begin.
Students who meet the following exemption criteria may exempt up to 2 final exams each semester.
- A student must have a grade average of 80 or above in the course for which he/she is seeking an exam exemption.
- A student is not eligible for exemptions if he/she has been assigned more than one Extended D-Hall (Thursday/Saturday class), In-School Suspension, or Out-of-School Suspension during the semester, or if he/she has been assigned to DAEP.
- The student must pay all outstanding fines and fees prior to receiving an exemption form.
- Students who register after the 5th day of the semester are not eligible for exemptions, unless they provide grade and disciplinary documentation from their previous campus to the associate principal.
- Students may not exempt the exam in the same course for both semesters.
There is no spring semester final for courses with an End-of-Course exam. Second semester graduating seniors may exempt all exams, as long as all other exemption criteria are met.
Students enrolled in AP courses who take the AP exam and meet all other exemption requirements may be exempt for the final exam in that AP course in addition to standard exemptions.
Exam Week Attendance
Students are expected to be in attendance for each class period every day during final exam week. Students who are not in attendance will be counted absent.
Students who are exempt from an exam should report to the KHS Commons during the designated exam period for that course.
Students are not permitted to leave campus or check out early when they complete an exam. They must remain in their assigned classroom for the duration of the final exam period.