Mrs. Clara Landry
7th Grade RELA
6th-8th Grade ESL READING
281-641-4000 Ext. 4099
Welcome to the 2022-2023 school year Wildcats & Wildcat families!! I am looking forward to an amazing year full of productive learning with you all! With that being said, in our class, your students will be expected to be prepared, to participate and be engaged every day. My goal is that your child will become more confident and show growth this year in their reading and writing skills. Independent reading and written responses will occur on a daily basis in class to support enhancing your child's reading and writing skills in their RELA class and across other content. Additionally, I encourage your child to read at home if they are able to do so (students are able to access the SORA app through their MyHumble for digital books and audiobooks to borrow!).
- 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm (Day to be determined)
- 3:04 pm - 4:00 pm
- 3:19 pm - 4:00 pm (Late Arrival Days)
SUPPLIES NEEDED FOR CLASS:
- 1 composition notebook (required)
- Pencils (required)
- Optional: Students may also bring in any additional supplies for their own personal use if they choose to (scissors, glue sticks, highlighters, color pencils, markers). However, I do have a class set of these supplies.
INDEPENDENT READING (DAILY) & READER'S RESPONSE:
Every day in class, students have 10 minutes of independent reading time where they are required to actively read a book that they have selected from the bookshelf in class. Additionally, students answer a question daily using information from their book by writing their response using complete sentences. Please confer with your child about the book that they are reading in class, and continue to encourage them to read daily at home if possible. Our district has an online library, SORA, where students are able to borrow books digitally to read online; this is a good option if your student does not have books at home but has internet access.
Schedule and Conference:
- 1st Period- ESL Reading (6-8)
- 2nd Period- RELA ADV
- 3rd Period- RELA/CO-TEACH
- 4th period- RELA On Level
- 5th Period- RELA On Level
- 6th Period- RELA On Level
- 7th Period- Conference