Welcome to the North Belt Elementary Clinic
**Humble ISD COVID-19 PROTOCOL**
Parents must screen students DAILY before sending to school for the following symptoms not normal for them:
Feeling feverish or a measured temperature greater than or equal to 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit
Loss of taste or smell
Shortness of breath
Congestion or runny nose
Shaking or exaggerated shivering
Significant muscle pain or ache
Nausea or vomiting
(It is recommended that you keep children who have any of the above symptoms home while symptomatic. It is also recommended that they be seen by their physician or get tested for COVID-19.)
If a student is sent home by the nurse for the above symptoms (outside of their normal presentation) they will need to follow the re-entry criteria listed below.
If a student develops symptoms at home that are not normal for them (including any FEVER greater than or equal to 100) and may be related to COVID, the student will stay home and follow the re-entry criteria below.
If student develops symptoms at home that are normal for them and you feel are NOT related to COVID, they may return to school using the regular return to school criteia. See page 92-95 of Student/Parent Handbook
Students may re-enter school when one of the following three options have been satisfied:
Option 1: 10 calendar days have passed since symptoms first started AND 24 hours fever free without the use of medications AND symptoms have significantly improved.
Option 2: Student is cleared by a medical professional with an alternate diagnosis ruling out COVID (ex. Asthma, Allergies, Strep etc.)
Option 3: Student tests negative for COVID-19
If your student is a close contact of a confirmed COVID positive individual:
Humble ISD encourages parents to keep them home for 14 calendar days and consult with a medical provider.
If your student tests POSITIVE for COVID:
Please call Nurse Kern @ 281-641-1305. Please fill out the online student reporting form. Online Student Reporting Form (Positive COVID result)
**Student can return 10 calendar days since symptoms began AND 24 hours fever free without medications AND symptoms have significantly improved.
**If student is asymptomatic, then student can return 14 days from the date of the positive test.
For more information please see: https://www.humbleisd.net/Page/121635
7:30am - 3:30pm
Absence Line 281-641-1319
Please leave a message with your student's name, grade, and reason for absence.
- First Aid and Illness
- Yearly Vision & Hearing Screening
- Immunization Review
- Reviewing health inventories on all students and creating care plans and emergency action plans as needed
- Medication Administration
- Medical Procedures
- Diabetic Risk Assessment for students in 1st, 3rd & 5th grade
- Scoliosis Screening for 5th grade girls
- Health Education lessons in the classroom
Humble ISD Health Services Mission Statement:
The mission of Humble ISD Health Services is to enhance the health and well being of the students, staff, and community thus supporting the education of all students through maximizing their educational time.
Humble ISD Health Services Vision Statement:
We see our professional school nurses as:
- Supporting the individual and collective health needs of students, staff, and community
- Acknowledging the diversity of cultures within the district
- Valuing the unique ideologies of students and families
- Educating the student, staff, and community by promoting health and wellness
- Maintaining a superior level of professional competency as demonstrated by compliance with the Standards of Practice and Performance of School Nursing Practice