Lisa Filbin, RN, BSN
HAPPY SPRING!!! As we prepare for the end of the school year please dont forget to pick up any unused medication from the clinic.At that time you may pick up new medication forms for next year.Parents of 5th graders your childrens immunization records will follow them to middle school.They are up to date on immunizations until 7 th grade!!!
Parents, please be aware there have been several cases of strep throat in April.Remember your child should stay home until on antibiotic for 24 hours PLEASE KEEP YOUR CHILDREN HOME UNTIL THEY ARE FEVER AND/OR NAUSEOUS/VOMITING FREE FOR 24 HOURS! This will help us keep illness to a minimum.
Eye doctors recommend a yearly formal eye exam. I encourage you to read the Buzz and the new parent/student handbook. They are both wonderful ways to discover how we do things at BEAR BRANCH and HISD. Please check this site often--I post current health issues going on in the building and where I am in my screening. I wish you all a GREAT NEW YEAR!!!
- As always, we are concerned with the spread of germs here at school, so please continue to stress HAND WASHING with your children and learning to cover their mouths when coughing.
- Please check the Sick Day Guidelines under "Clinic Protocol" for GREAT ADVICE and when to send your child back to school. If you send them back too soon, they might relapse or catch something new.
- Be aware that strep throat is out in the community. If your child is diagnosed with strep throat, they need to remain at home for 24 hours on antibiotics and be fever free for 24 hours BEFORE returning to school.
- Always call our Absence Line (281.641.1619) to report any illness and give the symptoms. We provide weekly absence reports to the Health Department.
- With the start of cold weather, we get increased cases of head lice. We ask you to continually check your child's hair and report any head lice to me. Our teachers are continually observing for frequent head scratching and will send them to me for a check.
- If you ever have a concern regarding your child's vision or hearing, you can always call and request another check.
- Call me if you are interested in your child's BMI--I would love to discuss this with you.
- Please, if your child wears glasses, make sure they always bring them to school!