What is the Spanish Immersion Program?
The Spanish Immersion Program (SIP) is a language enrichment program that provides Spanish as a second language instruction to fluent English speaking students through the core academic content areas (Math, Reading, Language Arts, Science and Social Studies).
Where is the Spanish Immersion Program offered?
- Bear Branch Elementary: 1st through 5th grade
- Groves Elementary: 1st grade
- Pine Forest Elementary: 1st through 5th grade
- Creekwood Middle School: Advanced Spanish
- Middle School #9 (once opened): Advanced Spanish
What are the criteria for selection to the Spanish Immersion Program?
- First time Kindergarten student
- DRA Running Record (Instructional) Level 8
- Kindergarten Literacy/Language Assessment
- Attend a Spanish Immersion Program parent informational meeting to receive specific details, expectations, parent commitment form and the application.
- Submit completed application and parent commitment form to the campus for which your child is applying. (Applications for Groves Elementary will be accepted at Atascocita Springs, Eagle Springs and Lakeshore Elementary Schools). Materials may also be submitted by printing, signing, scanning, and emailing to SpanishImmersion@humbleisd.net.
- The Spanish Immersion Program will contact your child’s current kindergarten teacher for student information.
Application deadline for the 2017-2018 school year is April 28, 2017 at Noon.
Spanish Immersion Informational Meetings
Meetings will be held from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. on the following dates and locations:
- February 20, 2017 at Bear Branch Elementary
- February 21, 2017 at Pine Forest Elementary
- February 23, 2017 at Lakeshore Elementary
- February 27, 2017 at Atascocita Springs Elementary
- February 28, 2017 at Eagle Springs Elementary
- March 1, 2017 at Ridge Creek Elementary
- March 2, 2017 at Summerwood Elementary