What is the Spanish Immersion Program?
The Spanish Immersion Program (SIP) is a language enrichment program that provides Spanish as a second language instruction to fluent English speaking students through the core academic content areas (Math, Reading, Language Arts, Science and Social Studies).
Where is the Spanish Immersion Program offered?
- Bear Branch Elementary: 1st through 5th grade
- Pine Forest Elementary: 1st through 5th grade
- Elementary #28: 1st grade
- Creekwood Middle School: Advanced Spanish
- Middle School #9 (once opened): Advanced Spanish
What are the criteria for selection to the Spanish Immersion Program?
- First time Kindergarten student
- DRA Running Record (Instructional) Level 8
- Kindergarten Literacy/Language Assessment
- Attend a Spanish Immersion Program parent informational meeting to receive specific details, expectations, parent commitment form and the application.
- Submit completed application and parent commitment form to the campus for which your child is applying. (Applications for Elementary #28 will be accepted at Atascocita Springs, Eagle Springs and Lakeshore Elementary Schools). Materials may also be submitted by printing, signing, scanning, and emailing to SpanishImmersion@humbleisd.net.
- The Spanish Immersion Program will contact your child’s current kindergarten teacher for student information.
Application deadline for the 2017-2018 school year is April 28, 2017 at Noon.
Spanish Immersion Informational Meetings
Meetings will be held from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. on the following dates and locations:
- February 20, 2017 at Bear Branch Elementary
- February 21, 2017 at Pine Forest Elementary
- February 23, 2017 at Lakeshore Elementary
- February 27, 2017 at Atascocita Springs Elementary
- February 28, 2017 at Eagle Springs Elementary
- March 1, 2017 at Ridge Creek Elementary
- March 2, 2017 at Summerwood Elementary