May 21, 2016
Dear RMS Family,
I wanted to take this opportunity to thank all of you who have generously supported Riverwood Middle School's Annual Fund Campaign in the past. We are very excited to convey that we received nearly $63,000 in donations this past year! Truly amazing support for our campus programming.
Those donations helped us purchase and pursue the following items for the students of Riverwood MS:
- the purchase of a dishwasher in the applied skills classroom
- technology professional development for 8 teachers to attend the TCEA conference and then provide instruction to all teachers on a teacher workday
- the purchase of a new state of the art marquee to be installed in June
- the addition of new computer workstations in the library
- the addition of a chromebook and iPad workstation in the library
As we move forward into the 2016-17 school year, we know that we can reach our goal of $70,000 for the Annual Fund Campaign. Projects that we would like to target for next year's campaign include:
- the purchase of 3 additional chromebook carts of 30 for student use in classrooms
- continued professional development opportunities for teachers with a focus on rigorous, relevant instructional modalities for kids
- the purchase of mobile desks and chairs for classroom use that allow teachers to easily change the shape and set-up of their classrooms to benefit student instruction
- replacement of tables and chairs in the library with updated furniture that is mobile to make the room a true flexible space. We would like to be able to easily configure the room from class to class based on the needs of teachers and students.
We hope that you will consider making a donation to the RMS Annual Fund for the upcoming school year campaign. We appreciate all that you do to help our students obtain the best education possible!