- Educationally disadvantaged – includes:
• Families meeting free/reduced lunch guidelines.
Get a chart of income eligibility HERE.
• Foster children
- Difficulty speaking/comprehending English (testing required)
- Child or stepchild of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority
- Child or stepchild of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty.
- Child that is, or has been, in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services in the State of Texas following an adversary hearing under Family Code Section 262.201.
Please bring the following items:
- Complete Immunization Records (all records, including electronic (My Chart) records must be signed or stamped by the physician or his/her designee or public health personnel)
- Certified Birth Certificate
- Current Proof of Residence (i.e., utility bill)
- Proof of Income (pay receipts for previous 30 days or food stamp letter) *
- Parent’s driver’s license for identification
- Department of Defense identification**
- Copy of Death Certificate from Department of Defense or memorandum signed by the Casualty Office***
- Copy of Purple Heart orders or citation or copy of the Line Of Duty Determination or copy of an official letter from commander****
* Not required for children who qualify as English as a Second Language Learners
** If service member is Active Duty
*** If service member Dies or is Killed
**** If service member is Active Duty or Mobilized Reservist/Guardsman