Budget & Finance Document access:
FINANCIAL SERVICES DASHBOARD
District programs and operations are primarily supported by state funding earned on a per student in Average Daily Attendance (ADA) basis and revenues in the form of local property taxes.
Humble ISD adheres to a financial accounting code system as required by Section 44.007 of the Texas Education Code (TEC). Certain codes within the accounting system and structure such as the Function Code are mandatory for state reporting purposes. Function Codes that represent an operational area in the school district and group together related activities are indicated as:
- (11) Instruction – direct classroom instruction and other activities that deliver, enhance, or direct the delivery of learning to students
- (12) Instructional Resources and Media Services – libraries and other major facilities dealing with educational resources and media
- (13) Curriculum and Instructional Staff Development – planning, developing and evaluating the process of providing learning experiences for students
- (21) Instructional Leadership – managing, directing, supervising and providing leadership for staff who provide general and specific instructional services
- (23) School Leadership – directing and managing a school campus, including activities performed by the principal, assistant principals and other assistants
- (31) Guidance, Counseling and Evaluation Services – assessing and testing students’ abilities, aptitudes and interests; counseling services with respect to career and educational opportunities and helping them establish realistic goals
- (34) Student Transportation – transporting students to and from school
- (36) Extracurricular Activities – school-sponsored activities outside of the school day, generally designed to provide students with experiences such as motivation and improvement skills in either a competitive or noncompetitive setting.
The Humble ISD places a high priority on funding direct classroom instructional services and materials. The following charts represent General Fund operating expenditure per student for our district compared to other districts in our area.