We fly Rockets: Generation 1 September, Generation 2 October, Generation 3 November and in Fredericksburg, TX May ?? 2014
AEROSCIENCE Engineering - COURSE DESCRIPTION
The class applies the principles of physics to designing and launching rockets. This is a practical application of physics to help students develop an interest in science and engineering. The class helps broaden students’ opportunities, and allows them to do things that they did not think they could do. Students begin to display an increased self-motivation, leadership, and an enthusiasm for science and engineering. The goal of the aerospace science class is to build a rocket that travels one mile high carrying a payload weighing one pound or less.
CHEMISTRY PreAP - COURSE DESCRIPTION
Welcome to Chemistry Pre-AP. This is an accelerated class that builds a solid base of chemistry concepts along with a greater emphasis on the energy changes that accompany chemical events. The course includes extensive mathematical analysis of the concepts studied. Students are expected to analyze and extend understanding of the core concepts. Additional enrichment topics are introduced but may not be covered in as much detail as core topics. Assignments may include formal lab reports and lab notebooks, creative analogies, research projects, student-designed experiments, analytical experiments, studies of scientific literature, analysis of teacher-performed demonstrations, and discussion of real-world problems.
Students are expected to have:
- an above-average interest in science
- commit time of independent study each day, preview material before it is to be covered in class as well as analyze it in detail after class discussion
- wrestle with new concepts until thoroughly understood
- obtain assistance whenever necessary to clarify material and to enhance understanding.
- Identify critical details in a reading assignment and draw conclusions
- Develop techniques to review and study for tests
- Demonstrate not only mastery of content but also ability to apply the concepts to new situations
- Do weekly online moodle quizes
MATERIALS: - notebook binder with paper, pens and pencil (can be shared with other classes)(Keep)
- roll of paper towel or box of tissue *
- 6 Red Pens *
- 3x5 white index cards (25) *
Bonus Items: - 500 sheets of white printer paper *
- zip lock bags (box of gallon or quart)*
*turn into the box and check off your name by Wednesday 9/5