Please note our procedures regarding schedule changes.
PreAP/AP Exit Guidelines (Humble ISD Course Guide 2012-2013, p. 5)
Exit processes are in place to assist students in making sound course selection decisions. Students and parents must be aware that grades earned in a PreAP or AP course follow the student to the on-level course and will be included in the student’s overall course average.
- It is expected that students seek assistance when needed to be successful in the course.
- Students are expected to remain in the PreAP or AP course at least one full semester.
- Students petitioning to exit a PreAP or AP course must meet the following criteria:
- Conference with the teacher
- Completion of course assignments
- Attendance at recommended tutorials
The petition for exit may or may not be granted by the campus. The decision will be based on input from the teacher, student performance in the course, availability of space in other courses and timing of the request. Students experiencing success (able to maintain a C or better semester average) in the course should remain in the course for the semester.
- Students who earn an F at the end of a grading period may be removed from the class after consultation with parent, student, teacher, counselor and/or administrator.