Parents and physicians are strongly encouraged to schedule all necessary student medications for administration during non-school hours. If a student must take medication during school hours in order to observe proper time intervals between doses and resume full participation in the school program, dispensing the medication can become the responsibility of the school. Medication schedule should be adjusted to allow administration during class breaks or lunch.
When medication will be given at school, the following guidelines will be followed:
1. All medications MUST be brought to the clinic by a parent or adult.
2. All medications will be supplied in their original containers. Please send in the smallest bottle possible.3.All medications must be accompanied by a note or Authorization for Administration of Medication form signed by the student's parent or guardian. The form can be obtained from the clinic or KHS nurses website. This note should state the student's name, the name of the medication, the reason for which the med will be given, the time and dates the medication is to be given at school.
4. It is the parent's responsibility to maintain an adequate supply of medication and to inform the school nurse in writing of changes in dosage, frequency in administration, or if medication is discontinued.
5. Physician request for Administration of Medication will expire at the end of the current school year. All meds must be picked up by 12pm on the last day of school, all meds left will be disposed of.
6. Any medication given more than 4 times in a month will require a physician's order indicating maximum dosage allowed per month.
7. Any prescription medication, must be accompained by the medication form that is filled out by the physician.