- Students need to have a pass from their teacher to be seen by the nurse.
- Students with medical needs can obtain a special clinic pass to use so they can be seen by the nurse immediately.
- All medications, over the counter and prescription, need a Medication Administration form filled out by the parent. You can download a form in the "Important Documents" link on the left side of this screen. All medication needs to be in its original container & brought to school by the parent/guardian.
- Many students do not feel well, but may not be sick enough to go home.
Parents cannot be called on all students, but a parent will be contacted if the nurse has a concern or feels a conference about the students condition is necessary.
- Parents are encouraged to contact the nurse to discuss their child's health issues.
Vision, Hearing, & Diabetes Risk Assessment screenings will be done on all 7th grade students and 6th & 8th graders new to the district. Scoliosis (curvature of the spine) screenings will be done on all 6th grade boys and 8th grade girls through their PE/Athletic Class. Referrals will be mailed home. Parents can call with any questions or concerns.
The mission of Humble ISD Health Services is to enhance the health and well being of the students, staff, and community thus supporting the education of all students through maximizing their educational time.
We see our professional school nurses as:
Supporting the individual and collective health needs of students, staff, and community
Acknowledging the diversity of cultures within the district
Valuing the unique ideologies of students and families
Educating the student, staff, and community by promoting health and wellness
Maintaining a superior level of professional competency as demonstrated by compliance with the Standards of Practice and Performance of School Nursing Practice