The purpose of the Humble ISD Academy for Advancing Leaders program is to give our employees opportunities to grow their leadership skills and prepare them for a successful future in Humble ISD. As Humble ISD continues to be one of the fastest-growing districts in Texas, the call to action has never been more urgent to attract, develop and retain talented leaders in every position.
We are looking for future leaders from all types of roles within the district, not just campus leadership, but also from administrative, instructional and support departments as well. Humble ISD must build leadership capacity at all levels of the organization and train a diverse group for myriad opportunities.
Academy participants will meet Thursday evenings, twice a month, from 4:30 to 8:30 pm, from September to May. The program will conclude with a two-day summer institute in June. Upon acceptance into the program, a syllabus will be shared.
Admission is extremely competitive. If you are considering application, please discuss this opportunity with your supervisor and reach out to current Academy members to learn more about the program. A list of current Academy members can be found here.
The criteria for applying are:
- Professional faculty and staff who are not yet in a leadership/supervisory position. This includes teachers, ALTs, facilitators, non-supervisory professional staff, etc. looking to explore pathways into leadership.
- Current, non-executive leaders with significant scope of responsibility either in the form of project management or people management. This includes assistant principals and assistant directors of departments. These leaders are currently exceeding expectations in their job duties and are ready to begin creating a pathway toward a promotion.
- A Masters Degree in your field is preferred, but not required.
Goals for the Leadership Academy are:
- Create a shared language and a common vision among our leaders
- Collaborate more effectively across instructional departments, administrative departments and campuses
- To enable new leaders to get the experiences necessary to achieve their career goals
- Expose leaders to different operational practices within the district, creating empathy for the processes of each division along with a feedback circle that allows each division to grow and improve
- To retain and promote our most promising people
- To expose top leadership to the best talent within their ranks
Our expectations are high and we believe we can accomplish all of the above and more. Get ready for some of the most collaborative professional leadership developed you've ever received in Humble ISD. We are ready to see where you are headed-- and even more importantly, where YOU are going to take us!
To apply, you will need to complete the online application which includes uploading your CV or resume and three references. To begin the application process, go here. Deadline to apply is Friday, June 10, 2016.