1. This orientation is for all Cadets new to JROTC regardless of grade level. If you have been in a different service branch JROTC program it would still be a good idea for you to attend if possible.
2. All Cadets attending will need to have medical forms (see Required Forms on MCJROTC website under helpful documents) filled out and returned not later the second day or they will be dropped.
3. All Cadets will bring a water bottle or bottle of Gatorade daily. Cadets should wear athletic clothing and running shoes.
4. Cadets will be allowed to attend Flight School during New Cadet Orientation.
5. Any questions call or email. Senior Marine Instructor – CWO4 Lasyone 210-551 -firstname.lastname@example.org or Marine Instructor – Master Gunnery Sergeant Fleming 760-583-2291/Daniel.email@example.com.
1. The Marine Corps Junior Reserve Officers’ Training Corps Program will utilize the following procedures for classroom management:
o Be on Time. Cadets are expected/required to be inside the classroom when the bell rings.
o Be Respectful. Cadets are expected/required to respect themselves, other Cadets, Instructors, and Teachers/Staff. Set a positive example!
o Be Responsible/Accountable. Cadets are expected/required to utilize sound judgment, make mature decisions, use time management, initiative, and complete assigned tasks on time.
o Stay Engaged. Cadets are expected/required to remain on task, look for areas of improvement, and help others as needed.
· Discipline Management:
o Cadets will act in accordance with Campus/District guidelines. Failure to adhere to established rules may result in referral to the appropriate House Principal.
· Restroom Breaks (Head Calls): No head calls the first ten minutes and last ten minutes. Emergencies will be handled on a case by case basis.
· Electronic Devices: No electronic devices will be utilized. Exceptions may be made by the Senior Marine Instructor as required.
· Entry/Exit Routes/Routines:
o Entry will be made via the main door for room 1502 and 1503. Exit will be made via the same doors.
o Cadets will quietly enter the room and take their position behind their assigned seat. They will remain standing until the Pledge of Allegiance has been recited and attendance has been taken. Cadets will take their seats when given the command and will not adjust until given the proper command.
o Cadets will stand at attention when given the proper command and will dismiss when given the proper command.
· Emergency Procedures:
o All emergencies will be handled in accordance with published Campus/District guidelines.