Stacey Diamond, R.N., M.B.A.
Boo the Flu!
Flu shot clinic October 8 from 3:30 - 5:00 in the cafeteria. Flu shots will be $25 and the FluMist will be $30
Flu season is here! The CDC recommends all people 6 months of age and older receive a flu vaccination. Most pharmacies, clinics and doctor offices have the flu shot and FluMist available. It is never too early or too late to receive a flu shot! For more flu information, please go to www.cdc.gov.
Mosquito repellant at school: bug sprays are prohibited at school but the wipe-on types and lotions are allowed as long as your child can apply it himself/herself. Please send a signed note if your child will be applying the mosquito wipes/lotion at school. If mosquito repellant is needed for your child, please try to apply it before coming to school.
If your child is sick please keep him/her home to recover. A student with a fever should be kept home until fever-free without fever reducing medications for 24 hours. In addition, please call in the absence to the absence line at 281-641-2319 with the reason for the absence (fever, strep, vomiting, personal reason, etc.).
Humble ISD Medication Policy
* Medication must be delivered to and picked up from the clinic by a parent or authorized adult.
* Parent signature is required for the administration of any medication.
* Prescription and non-prescription medication must be in the original container. Prescription label must contain the patient name, name of the medication, directions for use and date.
* Medications given more than 10 days require a physician's signature.
* PRN (as needed) medications may not be administered more than four times in one month without a doctor's signature.
2014-2015 Immunization Requirements
Students in Kindergarten - 5th Grade need:
Polio - 4 doses with one after 4th birthday1
DTaP/DT/DTP - 5 doses with one after the 4th birthday2
MMR - 2 Doses - must be 2 doses of Measles, Mumps and Rubella
Hepatitis B -3 doses
Varicella - 2 doses - First dose must be after the first birthday3
Hepatitis A - 2 doses - First dose must be after the first birthday and second dose no sooner than 6 months after the first dose
1 If the third dose was administered on or after 4th birthday, only 3 doses required
2 If the fourth dose was administered on or after 4th birthday only 4 does required
3 Students who have had the disease will not be required to have the vaccine. A valid affidavit is required for documentation of the disease
Refer to our district Health Services web page for more information.