Stacey Diamond, MBA,BSN,RN,NCSN
Medication Pick up
All medications in the clinic must be picked up by June 2. Any medication left in the clinic on June 2 will be destroyed - they cannot be kept over the summer. New medication forms are available in the clinic if needed for the next school year.
Flu season is here! The CDC recommends all people 6 months of age and older receive a flu vaccination. Most pharmacies, clinics and doctor offices have the flu shot and FluMist available. It is never too early or too late to receive a flu shot! For more flu information, please go to www.cdc.gov or visit TexasFlu.org.
If your child is sick please keep him/her home to recover. A student with a fever should be kept home until fever-free without fever reducing medications for 24 hours. In addition, please call in the absence to the absence line at 281-641-2319 with the reason for the absence (fever, strep, vomiting, personal reason, etc.).
Humble ISD Medication Policy
* Medication must be delivered to and picked up from the clinic by a parent or authorized adult.
* Parent signature is required for the administration of any medication.
* Prescription and non-prescription medication must be in the original container. Prescription label must contain the patient name, name of the medication, directions for use and date.
* Medications given more than 10 days require a physician's signature.
* PRN (as needed) medications may not be administered more than four times in one month without a doctor's signature.
2015 - 2016 Immunization Requirements
Students in Kindergarten - 5th Grade need:
Polio - 4 doses with one after 4th birthday1
DTaP/DT/DTP - 5 doses with one after the 4th birthday2
MMR - 2 Doses - must be 2 doses of Measles, Mumps and Rubella
Hepatitis B -3 doses
Varicella - 2 doses - First dose must be after the first birthday3
Hepatitis A - 2 doses - First dose must be after the first birthday and second dose no sooner than 6 months after the first dose
*Documentation must be validated by a physician or by public health personnel.
1 If the third dose was administered on or after 4th birthday, only 3 doses required
2 If the fourth dose was administered on or after 4th birthday only 4 does required
3 Students who have had the disease will not be required to have the vaccine. A valid affidavit is required for documentation of the disease
Refer to our district Health Services web page for more information.